This Guide is about providing structured, interactive support to people. It focuses on providing trauma support safely for both volunteers and survivors through tailored and automated support interactions. Try it if you want to communicate discreetly and offer trauma-informed support to individuals or groups.
While Chayn's solution has multiple parts, is not expensive nor technically difficult to set up.
Steps to delivering structured support using connected apps
See other guides related to supporting people dealing with domestic abuse
- Hestia use microsoft tools for referrals
- South Lincolnshire Domestic Abuse Service use a CRM from Women's Aid
Learn more from Chayn
- Working with people who have survived abuse? Catalyst share trauma informed design principles based on Chayn's work.
- Chayn founder, Hera Hussain writes about making digital innovation on small amounts of funding.
- Contact Chayn founder Hera Hussain via firstname.lastname@example.org